Kaleidoscopes with Corel Painter
1. a. use circular motion strokes on one layer. b. use straight lines on a second layer. Repeat a and b once more.
2. Pick a color. Place the mouse on the page. Close your eyes and make a few strokes with the pen tool. Open your eyes to see what you created. Repeat this 4 more times.
3. Use an acrylic brush at size 98 and paint a few strokes of a dark color. Then change the brush size to 68, pick a color that is a little lighter and make a few strokes. Then change the brush size to 48, pick a light color and make a few strokes. Change the brush size to 28, pick a lighter color and make a few strokes. Lastly, change brush to 8, use white and make a few strokes.
4. Every stroke you paint will be in the shape of an S. It doesn't matter if it looks like an S, just makes an S with every stroke.
Start with a large sized brush and make many S strokes to fill the background. The next layer will be a much smaller brush and choose a different color. Make 10 s's anywhere on the page. The next layer should be a little smaller sized brush and a different color. Make s's only on the kaleidoscope green quide lines.
5. Use the oil pastel tool located under Chalk, Pastel and Crayons. Using only cool colors (blues, greens and purples) create 6 layers of colors. Use dots or dabs for your stroke of colors.
6. Create this design using only your name. Use the Opaque acrylic brush under Acrylics and Gouache. For the first layer, choose any color, make the brush size 18. Start in the upper left hand corner and write your name, following the green diagonal guide line. Repeat writing your name on all the green guide lines. For the second layer, make the brush size a little smaller, choose another color and write your name straight across the page. Ignore the guide lines and write your name so it will go across the whole paper. Write your name 5 times. For the third layer, make the brush smaller, choose a different color and you decide where to write your name 4 times.